The Eight Special Principles of Miracle Workers
(1) The miracle abolishes the need for lower-order concerns.
Miracles are of the mind and for the mind. Our worldly concerns cannot add to or subtract from our ability to perform and receive miracles.
(2) A clear distinction between what is created and what is made is essential.
All that is real is God's unconditional love. Love is created and is forever in a state of being created. Everything perceived through the body is made. Form must decay before another form can be made. There is no creation occurring at the level of form, there is only a process of change.
(3) Never confuse right- and wrong-mindedness.
Right mindedness is the desire to heal other minds. Wrong mindedness is the desire to see healing where it is not. A miracle worker does not attempt to heal bodies because bodies are not the source of an unhealed mind. Right mindedness means to recognize that the patient is unconditional love, the cure is unconditional love, and the doctor is unconditional love.
(4) The miracle is always a denial of ... error and an affirmation of the truth.
Since the miracle is unconditional love it denies all fear, guilt, and anger. And by being freely given, the miracle affirms the truth in all life, which is the love life is.
(5) The level-adjustment power of the miracle induces the right perception for healing.
Miracles show us only love. Right perception is when love is all that we see. It is in the giving of miracles that we develop the right perception for healing.
(6) Miracle-minded forgiveness is only correction.
Miracle-minded forgiveness does not judge that which is forgiven. It is merely the letting go of what was not given in love. Miracle-mindedness is only a redirection of the mind toward truth.
(7) The injunction "Be of one mind" is the statement for revelation-readiness.
To be of one mind implies being in a state outside of time. It is in eternity where we experience revelation. Jesus is asking us to meet with each other within eternity. By entering what the Course teaches is an holy instant, we step into eternity and transform our special relationships into holy relationships and thus prepare ourselves for God's revelation.
(8) You can do much on behalf of your own healing and that of others if, in a situation calling for help, you think of it this way:
I am here only to be truly helpful.
I am here to represent Him Who sent me.
I do not have to worry about what to say or what to do, because He Who sent me will direct me.
I am content to be wherever He wishes, knowing He goes there with me.
I will be healed as I let Him teach me to heal.